Testimonies on The History of Jamaica Vol.1
Author: Zakiya McKenzie
Ages: Young Adults
England captured Jamaica from the Spaniards under Oliver Cromwell in 1655.
$2,400.00 or USD $15.30
History was written \- England captured Jamaica from the Spaniards under Oliver Cromwell in 1655. Much of this history has been retold by Edward Long, best known for his first socio\-economic and political study The History of Jamaica. His polemic supported the enslavement of African and Caribbean people and the monopolies and monocultures played out through the natural environment.\n\nThese testimonies address some of Long\x27s claims. A slave woman tells of the naming of Catherine\x27s Peak and the erasure of the achievements of Black Jamaicans in the field of natural history. A mystic takes us back to the Spanish occupation. The maroons Juan de Bolas and Juan de Serras grieve their fate and the tragic future that came with sugarcane. These are imaginings of what the people who lived through this wrestling of Jamaica might have said, given the chance.
in store pick up
Pick up your items in store minutes after payment is made.
POST OFFICE DELIVERY
Estimated delivery period, three (3) working days. Cost J$400.00
DELIVERY TO YOUR DOOR
- Estimated delivery period, three (3) working days.
- For jamaica post $250 Per lb
- For DHL shipping - the 1st kg costs $8,599.00 depending on the weight and dimension
- Next day delivery. Email address needed for tracking number.
- For scale weight or dimenstional weight, $700 for the first 10lb and $55 for each lb over the 10lb and includes GCT